Legal Mumbo Jumbo
(Ahem. That is: Thank You Program Terms & Conditions)
We want this program to be as fun and fair as humanly possible, so please read these notes to understand the rules of the game!
- These Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) apply to the referral program for our launch on Indiegogo.com in Fall/Winter 2013.
- In order to participate you must be registered as a user with Indiegogo and use your unique Indiegogo tracking number. This is your responsibility and it is your responsibility to check that the links you are sharing are correctly formatted.
- The link you must us is:
http://thch.us/XXXXXXX – where XXXXXXX is your unique tracking number. You alone are responsible for knowing and correctly using your Indiegogo Tracking Number. This website will attempt to help you by detecting your number and updating the links it provides. You must always check that the links you are using are correct.
- To find your Indiegogo Tracking Number:
a: Create an account or log in here at Indiegogo.com
b: While logged in to Indiegogo visit the thingCHARGER page at
c: Note the URL in your browser. At the end there will be an X then a ‘/’ (slash) and then a number. That is your Indiegogo number. If this: "$$$$$$$" is not your Indiegogo Tracking Number you can update it here and the pages of this site will attempt to use that number to formulate your links to assist you.
- The Indiegogo number you see on our Indiegogo page while you are logged into Indiegogo is the ONLY number you may use to participate in this program.
- If you share your Indiegogo number with us we will help you with web pages and emails that incorporate your number. You should make your own note of your links and always check that any links you use are correct.
- We do not tolerate spam in any form whatsoever and anyone using such techniques will immediately be eliminated from this program, ineligible for any compensation under this program.The ‘rewards’ under this program are as follows:
- thingCHARGERs for Referrals who Support this Campaign
a1: If you are yourself a contributor, we will ship you one thingCHARGER for each referral of yours who contributes to the campaign or
a2: If you are not a contributor, we will ship you one thingCHARGER for every three referrals of yours who contribute to the campaign
b: The average contribution of your referrals is greater than the ‘Campaign Threshold’ (CT):
c: The CT is either the $58 ‘Choose 2 get 1 FREE level’ OR the average contribution of the entire campaign, whichever is higher.
d: If your referrals are below the average you will receive the number thingCHARGERs found by dividing the total contributions of your referrals divided by the CT.
e: Once the launch is over we will email you with detailed numbers for the program overall, but in the meantime you can log into Indiegogo to see various statistics related to your referral efforts.
f: Cash Alternative: Once the program is over you can elect to receive a payment of $5 instead of any thingCHARGER due under this program.
>> NB: The conditions above will make little or no difference to most participants in this program. They are simply to protect the campaign from a liability to deliver thingCHARGERs to individuals who attempt to game the system with large numbers of small contributions, or whose referrals average so low as to significantly reduce their own value.
- New York Vacation for Top Referrers in Each of 3 Categories
a: thingCHARGER will award a ‘New York Vacation’ to three winners, one in each of these categories– The highest total value of contributions from referrals– The highest number of referrals who contribute– The highest number of referrals who visit thingCHARGERs Indiegogo page
b: In all three cases the referrers must meet the CT threshold defined above, and the raw numbers provided to us by Indiegogo will be weighted to account for the CT threshold. Again, this measure is purely to protect the campaign from a liability generated by worthless or low-value referrals.
c: The New York Vacation consists of a return flight (or US$500) to a New York airport, three nights accommodation in the gorgeous Hudson Valley village of Cornwall-on-Hudson and a ticket to a Broadway Show (or US$150). If you elect to take cash instead of the vacation the payment will be $650. If you take the vacation you may bring one other person with you and accommodation will be provided but you will be responsible for additional travel and other expenses.
- Any compensation due under any part of this program is due one calendar month after thingCHARGER ships the first factory-produced thingCHARGERs and not before.
- If you are not already a supporter of our campaign who is due to be shipped three or more thingCHARGERs, we will ask you to pay $10 towards S&H.